I originally was going to do my action research on the classroom evaluation processes. After speaking with my site supervisor, I am going to modify the action research topic. Instead of focusing on the evaluation process of student work in the classroom, I am going to research the grading system and how it relates to student motivation. The research will include how students perceive a traditional letter grading system compared to a completion grade and whether the grading system allows for an accurate depiction of student mastery of the content provided. The grading system needs to be a process that provides a thorough and accurate depiction of student mastery of the class material. Many times, passing a class with minimal effort instead of truly learning the subject matter motivates the students. Through action research, I want to find a consistent form of grading which presents a positive motivation for student learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment