Sunday, October 23, 2011

Change in Action Research Topic

During the summer, I was asked by my principal to focus on creating an additional resource for our economically disadvantaged students. We discussed my old action research topic and due to the changes we already made in our grading policies, my principal believed my time would be better served creating a plan for our at-risk students. I presented the idea of creating a mentorship program for the economically disadvantaged. I was approved and I am in charge of creating the program and gathering data from the project. The generated data will help our campus decide if the program can increase academic achievement through stable relationships with appropriate role models and additional tutoring. If the program is deemed a success through the data, the campus will continue the program in the following years. Due to the many changes to my action research topic and plan, I have had my hands full trying to prepare a new program. I am very excited to share my findings on the mentorship process.

No comments:

Post a Comment